When the weather is all mushy ...

... I don't feel like working. Like ... AT ALL. 

Today, it's back to Bangalore weather from Delhi-in-April weather. (Ok, all you people in Delhi, I know, I know that Delhi in April is very pleasant but here in Bangalore that is considered HOT. Oh the perils of staying for too long in Bangalore! ). 


So back to the weather - we woke up to cloudy skies, with streaks of blue here and there - the oh-I-love-that-blue variety - and shades of grey. Grey skies. I don't know what I like about them, but I love them. As much as I love bright, sunny mornings. No getting depressed by the occasional grey sky for me. Maybe it's because it means that rain has just arrived in the city. It might be a while before it makes its way home but it's  there. In the air. In the breeze to be more specific. The cool, scented breeze that suddenly makes me wish I had carried a sweatshirt to office. 


And nothing beats the smell of rain on dry earth. Almost nothing. The smell of freshly baked buns comes close, very close. :) 

Comments

Popular Posts