Social Birdie

I've always known that I like time to myself. To just be. To do my own thing. What I didn't know all this while was perhaps that I like to be with myself after I have had all the time to laugh, chat, bitch, intellectualize, debate - with my friends, colleagues, acquaintances. I'm a social bird and nothing drives that fact in harder than having only Aahaan, the maid and my mom-in-law for company all day. I often crave for company and activity that goes beyond recipe downloads, managing a will-soon-be-a-brat baby and requesting the maid to do what I want her to do. 

Which is why ... 

... The gym is a must-do. Even if I just walk the treadmill for half an hour while I watch some random movie that I would have never watched if I had a choice on TV. And I hate walking the treadmill. 

... I am straining to be out for a walk / drive every evening. Much like Ashley who is out of the house so fast that there is no question of asking her to wait till the leash is brought. (which reminds me, that a post on Ashley is over due, considering how much of conversation time is spent on her in any chat with Delhi.)

... I can't get enough of meeting people. In fact sometimes my mind is constantly whirring to think whom could we meet over the weekend. And constantly wishing that some of my close friends stayed close-by. People whose homes I could walk into anytime, without notice. Aah ... how I wish. Someday. Somewhere.

Comments

Popular Posts