Introducing Ashley ... (Part I)
... who's claim to fame is that she is just like Aahaan (actually my parents would be happier if I said Aahaan is just like Ashley, but this is my blog so I will say what I want - especially since they must be compared).
Before I proceed to explain the claim to fame more explicitly, here is a photo essay on Ashley.
The Dudette.
And why she is everyone's favourite. Look into those soulful eyes and then tell me you're not in love with her.
I guess that's how it was for the unsuspecting husband too. Who, to start off, was not exactly in bliss that she would be accompanying mummy to Bangalore for the delivery. His concerns were many. Not the least being,
A: Par woh neeche ghoomne jayegi.
Me: Neeche to hum bhi jaate hain.
A: Woh toh shoes nahi pehenti na.
I don't think words can quite describe the look on my face when this was delivered. Please contact A for the same.
Well, A was a complete sport about her coming over for two months. Or Ashley had that effect on him. Because in exactly 2 days, while I was at the hospital, I heard that A and Ashley were already curling up together. Because, you see, Ashley has never understood that she should ideally not be on the bed all the time. She has never been told.

The tough part was when we got back home, baby boy in toe. And Ashley who had had the whole house to herself, and was sleeping on different beds in different rooms at different times of the day, was suddenly told that she couldn't enter the baby room. Uh - oh! Because Ashley has no regards for any rules. So at the slightest instance she would dart into the room if she found the door open. So we introduced the concept of Guided Tours for her ... i.e. Mummy would carry her all around the bedroom and give her a top view of the sleeping and often crying baby, twice a day. The crying baffled her even more. How could something that looked so small and harmless produce such a lot of noise?? It came to a point when she would resignedly saunter off when Aahaan started crying - it was too much for her sensitive doggy ears. :P
Of course, that was only for the first month. Because we soon found that it was such a tough task keeping her outside. And then what followed is photo essayed below.
Ashley dancing on being allowed, not just inside the room, but on the bed. Initially she knew she had better maintain a good distance from the boy.
But soon her curiosity got the better of her.
Aahaan: 'I'm the cool guy, yo! Check out my style.' Not knowing what is slowly creeping up to give the cool dude a lick.
And then.
Ashley: 'Just one lick, pleaseee! You know how much I love him!'
... And before she left Bangalore, the whole house had accepted that her rightful place was right next to Aahaan.
To Be Continued.
Before I proceed to explain the claim to fame more explicitly, here is a photo essay on Ashley.
The Dudette.
And why she is everyone's favourite. Look into those soulful eyes and then tell me you're not in love with her.
I guess that's how it was for the unsuspecting husband too. Who, to start off, was not exactly in bliss that she would be accompanying mummy to Bangalore for the delivery. His concerns were many. Not the least being,
A: Par woh neeche ghoomne jayegi.
Me: Neeche to hum bhi jaate hain.
A: Woh toh shoes nahi pehenti na.
I don't think words can quite describe the look on my face when this was delivered. Please contact A for the same.
Well, A was a complete sport about her coming over for two months. Or Ashley had that effect on him. Because in exactly 2 days, while I was at the hospital, I heard that A and Ashley were already curling up together. Because, you see, Ashley has never understood that she should ideally not be on the bed all the time. She has never been told.

The tough part was when we got back home, baby boy in toe. And Ashley who had had the whole house to herself, and was sleeping on different beds in different rooms at different times of the day, was suddenly told that she couldn't enter the baby room. Uh - oh! Because Ashley has no regards for any rules. So at the slightest instance she would dart into the room if she found the door open. So we introduced the concept of Guided Tours for her ... i.e. Mummy would carry her all around the bedroom and give her a top view of the sleeping and often crying baby, twice a day. The crying baffled her even more. How could something that looked so small and harmless produce such a lot of noise?? It came to a point when she would resignedly saunter off when Aahaan started crying - it was too much for her sensitive doggy ears. :P
Of course, that was only for the first month. Because we soon found that it was such a tough task keeping her outside. And then what followed is photo essayed below.
Ashley dancing on being allowed, not just inside the room, but on the bed. Initially she knew she had better maintain a good distance from the boy.
But soon her curiosity got the better of her.
Aahaan: 'I'm the cool guy, yo! Check out my style.' Not knowing what is slowly creeping up to give the cool dude a lick.
And then.
Ashley: 'Just one lick, pleaseee! You know how much I love him!'
See, I'll even keep watch for you.
... And before she left Bangalore, the whole house had accepted that her rightful place was right next to Aahaan.
To Be Continued.









Comments
Post a Comment