Santa North-pur se list leke aata hai?

Aahaan and I are on a carol singling spree. I'm taching him Rudolf the red-nosed reindeer and he's keen to pick it up. So last night while changing him for bed, this is how our conversation went. (I was getting him to repeat the lines after me.)

Me: All of the other reindeer, used to laugh and call him names ... 
Aahaan: It's reindeers, Mumma. Why are you saying reindeer?

I attempt explaining the rule and decide it's too much effort. So we continue ... All of the other reindeers ... :P

Aahaan: Baki reindeers Rudolf ko games kyun nahi khelne dete the?

Me: Kyunki uska nose bright red tha aur unhe lagta tha ki woh alagh hai. Lekin phir Santa North Pole is aaya aur usne Rudolf ko bola ki tum meri sleigh chalao. Santa Christmas se pheli evening sab bachhon ke liye gifts apni sleigh mein leke unko dene jaata hai.

Aahaan: North Pur se list leke aata hai?

Me: North Pole se. Haan list leke.

Aahaan: Check karta hai if they've been naughty?

Me (trying hard to control my smile): Haan. Are you being naughty?

Aahaan: No.

Me: Tumne Santa se kya manga?

Aahaan: Bus. Aur next time main truck mangunga. Agar main lip andar na karoon toh Santa mujhe do (two) gifts bhi de sakta hai? '
(So Aahaan has a bad habit of sucking his lip at night. It's been a major bone of contention between us with me constantly trying to wean him off this habit.)

Me (how could I let the opportunity go?): Haan, possible hai. Ho sakta hai Santa bus aur truck donon de de agar tum lip andar nahi karo.

Aahaan (ever logical): Truck toh next year ke liye hai. Toh phir main next year Santa se kya mangunga?

:D :D

(From the 5th birthday celebration with friends. Courtesy: Sowmya.)

Comments

Popular Posts