Bazumba!!


Sometime when Aahaan was 5 months old, and we were back from a month long, extremely enriching Delhi trip – where I had enriched myself with tons of calories, eating whatever came my way in the name of feeding the baby. [I gorged on huge amounts of sweets & cake, telling people around me, “I need 500 extra calories a day” in a rather lame attempt to explain the otherwise inexplicable pigging behaviour. If someone had told me what I told people, I would have thought to myself ‘Acchaa bahana hai’. I’m sure people around me thought pretty much the same.]

Well, so after this trip, when I was about 4-5 kgs overweight and still looking 5 months pregnant after having delivered 5 months ago, I decided it was time to hit the gym and get back (ahem! – considering that I had been running overweight for a few months before Aahaan announce he was on his way.) to some sort of shape which can be called a ‘shape’.

I think I get this obsession with shape from Mummy, who at 55 can beat any 22 yr old model with her enviable size zero figure. And who has put the inching-towards-fat brother on a diet of no-sweets and sugar-free as a substitute where sugar is a must. And who complains to me if the brother sneaks out and has an ice-cream while on his evening walk. Well … :)

So coming back to why this post is titled what it is. I get back from the gym (where I take only the dance classes, skipping all the weights sessions much to the disappointment of the trainers) yesterday.
And A asks me, “So which class did you go for today? Bazoomba???” To which of course my reaction was ROFLMAO.

[For the novice – Zumba is the name of the dance class. It’s a Colombian dance fitness program.]

Comments

Popular Posts