And we're back ...

... after a longgg hiatus. (The last post on music was started 1 1/2 years ago and I decided to complete it before penning this I'm back post.)

It's been an interesting time, from October 30, 2014 to today, June 20, 2016. A good 1 year and 8 months. A lot has happened on all fronts.

For starters, we've all grown older. A, me and the boy. (Ok, sorry. The other updates are not so banal. :P)

Talking Street is about to turn two. I didn't even note the day when it turned one. I'm sure I must have been in some daze trying to get something which was not working to work. I'm hoping to celebrate it turning two. Maybe I will pray and go to a temple, apart from the team lunch. It does need a lot of blessings to move ahead at the pace I want it to. It has perhaps been among the more defining occurrences of the this period.

Aahaan is 4 1/2, almost 5. He is growing up in a way that makes me feel happy. Still at InBloom, the playschool he started at almost 3 years ago, his little world comprises of songs and playing with his friends and all sorts of things he finds around him. My conversations and cuddling with him keeps me energized and so totally amused, and the thought of seeing him every evening when I get back from work is so tempting that on some days I just want to get back early so I can have a longer chat with him. More on that in the coming days.

A's work orientation continues but with more balance. His sensitive side is a lot more visible these days (perhaps because of Aahaan?) and of course, I love it.

The last year and a half has been a lot about traveling for weddings and family related stuff. Not much other travel except for small trips around. We finally took one long trip to Vietnam in April this year but last year was almost fully about weddings - Aarunima's followed by Tarrung's.

We're expecting Baby #2. We feel blessed and ready for this addition, now, finally, after years of putting it off. The first trimester has been quite tough and my body tells me I'm older, this is not the same as 5 years ago.

We've been blessed to be surrounded by some very lovely people in our neighbours. They are people we learn from everyday.

This phase has been very rewarding on the personal front. I've been put face to face with many of my insecurities and it's been a phase of struggling with them before overcoming them. Which is why rewarding. I feel more sorted in my thoughts today but it's taken dark days and nights getting here.

From a few years ago. Dushyanth's wedding, Aug 2012. Aahaan is 10 months old here. 
Pic Courtesy: Kunal Mundra

Comments

Popular Posts