And he said ... (part II)
'Arre tum kaa kal lahe ho??'
My little chap has a Bihari + part tothla accent. And I love it. (Now, what do they call tothla in English?)
'Mumma ... aao. Mumma ... aao ... fasht ... baby ko susu aaya hai!!'
Of course, he calls himself baby, in case you missed that.
He puts the handwash all over his hands and comes to me. 'Mumma, baby ne hands pe soap lagaya hai.'
And before I can say anything, he goes ... 'Ooh God! What a silly boy!'
I'm ROFLMAO.
'Mumma mein Paa Laa Laa kar rahi hoon!'
He's doing this animal dance, jumping all over the bed. It's called the Paa Laa Laa dance for all you ignoramuses. :P (Aahaan's hindi mirrors mine because I'm the only one who speaks to him in hindi. Hence the gender is usually wrong. I stopped correcting it after the first few times. I love it this way now.)
'Mumma aeroplane mein mazaa aayaa.'
We're on our way from Delhi to Kolkata and he sleeps through the entire flight. Like the ENTIRE flight. He gets off the aircraft, we're waiting for the bus and this is what he says to me - Aeroplane mein mazaa aaya.
(It might have something to do with the fact that he got royally bored on the previous flight where he didn't sleep and couldn't move much.)
'Mumma, bath time mein mazaa aayaa hai. Baby ne holi khela hai.'
After insisting on having a bath while still wearing his clothes because Holi is all about getting wet with the clothes on.
The Ashley series.
Ashley is the 2nd cutest member of our family. (There are people who will insist that she is the cutest but then everyone finds their babies more cute.) Here's an introductory post on Ashley ... and how she made herself at home on Aahaan's bed when he was less than 2 months old.
Everytime Aahaan decides to make a mock call using his toy phone, the first choice is Ashley. Here are some of the conversations they've had. Verbatim. And I haven't added any masala of my own. Swear.
'Ashley tum kaise ho? Masti kar rahe ho? Masti karo. Mein aayungi aur tumhare saath khelungi.'
'Ashley tum kaa kal lahe ho? Tumhare paas phone nahi hai? So sad. Tum Maamu ke phone se bol rahe ho. Ok. Aawaaz aa rahi hai?'
I know. Even my reaction was 'awwwwww' followed by 52 kisses.

Excellent write up! Keep it up.
ReplyDeleteMissed this comment. Thanks!
DeleteThotla is probably lisp..LoL
ReplyDeleteThat was me Smitha :P
ReplyDelete