‘A day in the park’
I’m sure many such essays will be written soon enough. I’m hoping Aahaan will find interesting things to write in such essays. If he were to pen stuff now it would might sound something like this. (This was actually written a few months ago when he was just learning to walk.)
‘Mummy & Baba took me for a picnic yesterday. I loved the grass and the trees, especially the little covers of Pan Parag or mints that people had thrown around. They taste quite interesting having been exposed to the elements. I had finished my lunch so while the elders were enjoying their pulao and raita I thought I would walk across on my own but I still walk a tad unsteadily and I didn’t quite notice the patch of slush. Before I realized I was sitting in it – what absolute serendipity! There is a God up there, I’m already convinced. Nothing is more fun than sitting in slush and feeling it run through my fingers. But trust my parents to spoil the fun – they soon had me bundled up and despite my loud protests, which might have landed them in a bit of trouble had they been in the UK or US, I was secured to my stroller. So I sat and watched them devouring their food and some dark coloured water. My antennae went up – what was this in a plastic bottle. Small protests and little fingers are not very easy to resist so the bottle landed up with me and soon they helped me take a sip. Ummm … who wants water when this stuff is around. Some more protests and I managed to get a couple of more sips but they are not very eager to share their drinks, so that was it. But then I noticed a pack of doggies strolling around and enjoying the sun. So I got Baba to let me loose too and went to make some new friends. But doggies will be doggies and they ignored me completely so I went back to collecting mint and pan parag wrappers.’
Here’s a photo essay of the essay above.
‘Mummy & Baba took me for a picnic yesterday. I loved the grass and the trees, especially the little covers of Pan Parag or mints that people had thrown around. They taste quite interesting having been exposed to the elements. I had finished my lunch so while the elders were enjoying their pulao and raita I thought I would walk across on my own but I still walk a tad unsteadily and I didn’t quite notice the patch of slush. Before I realized I was sitting in it – what absolute serendipity! There is a God up there, I’m already convinced. Nothing is more fun than sitting in slush and feeling it run through my fingers. But trust my parents to spoil the fun – they soon had me bundled up and despite my loud protests, which might have landed them in a bit of trouble had they been in the UK or US, I was secured to my stroller. So I sat and watched them devouring their food and some dark coloured water. My antennae went up – what was this in a plastic bottle. Small protests and little fingers are not very easy to resist so the bottle landed up with me and soon they helped me take a sip. Ummm … who wants water when this stuff is around. Some more protests and I managed to get a couple of more sips but they are not very eager to share their drinks, so that was it. But then I noticed a pack of doggies strolling around and enjoying the sun. So I got Baba to let me loose too and went to make some new friends. But doggies will be doggies and they ignored me completely so I went back to collecting mint and pan parag wrappers.’
Here’s a photo essay of the essay above.
Looking for the doggies who ran away.
Hunting around for interesting tid-bits – toffee and Pan Parag wrappers. I’m curious to taste them.
With a rather sleepy Mama.
Who is not looking as sleepy in this pic.
Daedu about to snooze.
Maasi and me – always a great combo.
Running around – enjoying the sun and the grass.
Ditto.
Rolling around in the grass with Mumma.

Comments
Post a Comment