My heart goes hmmm hmmm when he ...
... stuffs his mouth with fruits as if the fruit would disappear if he didn't put it in immediately.
... does something that he knows is wrong. Then looks at me trying to gauge my reaction. Gets a stern look from me. Gives a slight smile and breaks into false laughter. Pauses, waiting for a response. Gets another stern look. Breaks into false laughter again. Process repeats till I can't resist giving him a hug and lots of kisses for the cute behaviour. Knows he has his mom firmly wrapped around his little finger. :P
... struggles to quickly polish off a piece of cheese (or anything that he really likes - grapes, watermelon, mango), almost swallowing it whole in a hurry, to get ready quickly for the next piece I'm holding in my hand.
... tries to pick four things at once and swings from side to side as he attempts walking with all of them together, almost losing his balance but never giving up on any of them.
... takes a spoon and a couple of katoris and bangs them together to cook some food which he then thrusts alternately into my mouth and then his mouth, with a happy smile.
... insists on sitting at the dining table to eat. Well, to pretend to eat. Then uses tiny hands to ask for everything on the table to be passed to his plate where it is all turned into a gooey mess which is then slathered onto the table, the floor, the chair, mumma's clothes, everywhere. Phew.
... dances to any available music, however weird it may be. And then insists that I lift him and we dance together.
... looks at me the moment a recent Bollywood number (which, to my credit :P, I would have introduced him to, sometime) is heard anywhere - in a lift, store etc. and instantly raises his hands in Aahaan-dance-form. An act which makes the dad and me look at each other and smile, We are sooo proud of you dancing dannu baby, is what the smile says.
... watches the TV, wonder-eyed, from a distance of 5 cm from the screen. No, we don't allow it, however cute it looks.
... brings his books to us every time he sees us reading something. I also want to read Mumma. And then takes my finger and puts it on different characters in the book so that I can tell him about them.
I love the fact that my heart is constantly going hmmm hmmm these days. :)
... does something that he knows is wrong. Then looks at me trying to gauge my reaction. Gets a stern look from me. Gives a slight smile and breaks into false laughter. Pauses, waiting for a response. Gets another stern look. Breaks into false laughter again. Process repeats till I can't resist giving him a hug and lots of kisses for the cute behaviour. Knows he has his mom firmly wrapped around his little finger. :P
... struggles to quickly polish off a piece of cheese (or anything that he really likes - grapes, watermelon, mango), almost swallowing it whole in a hurry, to get ready quickly for the next piece I'm holding in my hand.
... tries to pick four things at once and swings from side to side as he attempts walking with all of them together, almost losing his balance but never giving up on any of them.
... takes a spoon and a couple of katoris and bangs them together to cook some food which he then thrusts alternately into my mouth and then his mouth, with a happy smile.
... insists on sitting at the dining table to eat. Well, to pretend to eat. Then uses tiny hands to ask for everything on the table to be passed to his plate where it is all turned into a gooey mess which is then slathered onto the table, the floor, the chair, mumma's clothes, everywhere. Phew.
... dances to any available music, however weird it may be. And then insists that I lift him and we dance together.
... looks at me the moment a recent Bollywood number (which, to my credit :P, I would have introduced him to, sometime) is heard anywhere - in a lift, store etc. and instantly raises his hands in Aahaan-dance-form. An act which makes the dad and me look at each other and smile, We are sooo proud of you dancing dannu baby, is what the smile says.
... watches the TV, wonder-eyed, from a distance of 5 cm from the screen. No, we don't allow it, however cute it looks.
... brings his books to us every time he sees us reading something. I also want to read Mumma. And then takes my finger and puts it on different characters in the book so that I can tell him about them.
I love the fact that my heart is constantly going hmmm hmmm these days. :)

yeah, my heart goes hmmmm all the time too, and i love it!
ReplyDelete