An empty mind ...


... is full of stinking garbage.

My empty mind -


... remembers things from the past - things that are best forgotten, things that may not even be relevant today, things that I've probably forgiven a long while ago. And it makes me feel like they are fresh stabs.


... recalls all the times someone has been mean to me and I haven't reciprocated because I didn't know how to reciprocate or because I felt it best to not reciprocate. But like a true Scorpio, my mind won't forget. No, no - it feels like it has infinite storage for all the things that should be forgotten instantly. I guess it is one of those things - because it recalls those incidents so often, they get refreshed and the memory continues to be as fresh. Surprisingly, it is not as prompt about remembering the times when people have been great to me. Could I pray to you, God, to try and improve my memory of those times too?


... is at its absolute worst when I'm PMSing. All the absolutely garbagey stuff seems to boil over. Depression over stuff that otherwise I'm not even thinking about surfaces and threatens to become a tsunami folding in all the positivity that's usually beach-bumming around.


... gets hyper about the maids and their shortcomings. Of course they'll have shortcomings. Don't we all. Why focus on those. I need to remember the times when they've been good to Aahaan and us and learn to overlook all the stuff that is small and not very important.


... makes the smallest of issues appear mammoth.


... makes people, who are otherwise insignificant to my happiness, far more important in my mind than they are in reality and at all other times.


... needs stuff to fill it. Exciting stuff, creative stuff, learning stuff, even mundane stuff.


Comments

Popular Posts